I found this recipe when I was looking for a muffin recipe to take to preschool. I doubled the recipe and made it into muffins instead of a cake (I have also, since then, double the recipe and made it into a 9x13 cake). I also didn't use the nuts (Jake is allergic) and tossed in a few extra chocolate chips. With the muffins, I think it would work better stirring in the chocolate chips instead of sprinkling on top because I like my chocolate evenly spread throughout. It was a definite hit, and we now make them in our house when we have bananas to use up! (Kelly, it reminded me of your wacky cake recipe that I ALWAYS use! Now I can do it with bananas too).
Wacky Banana Cake
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup cold water
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup almond brickle pieces or chopped mixed nuts
In an ungreased 8x8x2-inch baking pan stir together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add the bananas, melted butter, cold water and vinegar to the dry mixture. Stir the mixture just until combined. Sprinkle the chocolate pieces over the top of the cake. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle the hot cake with almond brickle pieces or nuts. Cool in pan on wire rack.
No comments:
Post a Comment