This is Jake's favorite chicken. In our house we call it "Jake's Chicken." Every time I make it, he gets a great big smile on his face and then proceeds to eat 1-2 huge pieces. I have posted the original recipe, but I don't follow it at all. I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts (usually 1- 1 1/2 pounds) and omit the pineapple. I just use all of the sauce to coat the chicken then instead of setting aside a reserve. I did follow the recipe the first time I made it, but altered it to my family's tasting. This is so easy and I usually have all of the ingredients on hand. Enjoy!
Tiki Hut Chicken Drumsticks
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup chicken
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons ginger, grated
3 lbs. chicken drumsticks
3 cups cornflakes, crushed to crumbs
8 1/4 ounce can crushed pineapple
1/8 teaspoon salt
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil.
In large bowl, combine honey, ketchup, soy sauce and ginger. Transfer 2 tbsp. of sauce to small bowl. Add drumsticks to the large bowl of sauce and toss to coat well. Place the corn flake crumbs in a shallow bowl. Coat drumsticks with crumbs and place in prepared baking pan. Spray drumsticks with vegetable cooking spray. Bake 40 minutes.
Add pineapple to reserved sauce in the small bowl and stir in salt. Serve with baked drumsticks.
No comments:
Post a Comment