This is yummy and so easy. My family loved it. I'm officially adding it to our tried and true dinner rotation recipes.
1 pound lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 - 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups water
1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder (I like it better with one tablespoon rather than two)
1/4 teaspoon salt
9 flour tortillas
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, shredded (we use a cup of each)
1/2 cup olives, chopped (optional)
Brown meat with onion and garlic in skillet; drain fat. Add tomato sauce, water, chili powder and salt; simmer 20 minutes. In a 13" x 9" pan, spoon 1/4 of mixture on bottom. Arrange 3 tortillas over meat sauce, overlapping if necessary. Spread 1/3 of sour cream over tortillas. Sprinkle with 1/3 of cheese. Repeat twice.
Garnish with olives and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Don't be worried that the sauce mixture is still really watery when you layer it. I think that's partly why the lasagna stays so moist. This is a good meal to take to people or for parties because you can make it ahead and put it in your fridge until you are ready to bake it.
3 comments:
We had this for dinner tonight. I know I am crazy, 3 nights, 3 new dinners... Steve loved it. Anyway, this passed everyone's test in the family (especially Josh who loves to eat meat, cheese, sour cream and tortillas). Thanks for the recipe!
Natalie - thanks for commenting on my blog. You completely made my day! Seriously, you are so sweet and made me feel like the time I spend on my silly little blog is worth it. You are more than welcome to link to it and feel free to pass on any good recipes my way (I'm glad I found YOUR recipe site...yum!). Aren't those German Chocolate Brownies awesome (and SO easy!)? Anyway, it sounds like you probably don't give yourself enough credit and are quite the cook - so thanks for checking in!
I found your blog from My Kitchen Cafe. This recipe was great. I made a double batch to make dinner for my sister and I got great reviews from them as well, most of which are picky eaters. I was worried I didn't have enough stuff between the top layer so I added a little green salsa. It was great.
Post a Comment