Sunday, April 20, 2008

Pulled Pork with Peaches

We first had this recipe by Steve's aunt and uncle's house. We loved it immediately. It's great as sandwiches, but also by itself in a main meal. It makes a lot, so usually we do the meat with potatoes and vegetable one night, and sandwiches another. I love that it cooks in a crock-pot and leftovers can be frozen. I hope you enjoy!

Pulled Pork with Peaches

1 boneless pork roast, 4-5lb.
4 cups sliced peaches, if canned are used, rinse and drain
2/3 cup ketchup
2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger

Place the pork roast in a slow cooker. Do not season or add water. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Remove the roast and shred. Discard the cooking liquid and return to the slow cooker. Combine the peaches, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger in a blender. Process until smooth. Mix with the pork in the slow cooker. Cook for 1-2 hours longer.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Jamie - I am so glad you liked the Mexican Lasagna recipe. And this pulled pork recipe sounds sooo good, I can't wait to try it!

Kelly said...

So, I made this recipe on Sunday. I goofed and ommitted one very important ingredient. The sugar. But, guess what--pulled pork with peaches done savory isn't so bad. I added the sugar to the remaining pork when I realized my mistake. It's much better with the sugar.