
This is the recipe that Jared and his 8 siblings grew up on. We love it.
In your Bread Mixer, combine:
5 1/2 c. water
2 T. yeast
6 c. whole wheat flour
When the above ingredients are well mixed, add:
2/3 c. sugar (or 1/3 c. honey)
2/3 c. oil
2 T. salt
Continue to add 6 more cups of whole wheat flour 1-2 cups at a time. I also add 1 cup of bread flour to increase the gluten content. You could add 1/4 c. gluten or dough enhancer as well. If the dough seems very sticky then I'll add more flour, a couple tablespoons at a time. Allow dough to knead (with your dough hook on) for about 8 minutes. Cover dough with a damp cloth and set in a warm place. Let rise for about 45 minutes to an hour (until double in size).
Punch dough down and form into loaves. (I make 4 medium sized bread loaves with this recipe). Turn dough onto a well floured surface. Form loaves by dividing dough into four equal portions, form into a flat rectangle, spank out bubbles and then roll it up to the length of the pan to form the loaves. Put into well greased loaf pans, cover with a wet cloth, and let rise until double or until the tops of the loaves are peeking out over the tops of the pans. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes. I always freeze a couple of loaves in a Ziploc freezer bag.
2 comments:
You are a power mom, Kelly. Your bread recipe is the best!
Thanks Kelly-
It had been a long time since I had made bread and wanted to make sure I remembered the recipie.
Cheers,
sam
Post a Comment