Saturday, January 26, 2008

blueberry muffins


Right after we moved to Connecticut, a neighbor brought me some muffins from this recipe. After they were all gone, blueberry muffins were the only thing I could think about. I knew that if I never had them again, I could not possibly live a truly happy life thereafter. It's ALL about the lemon sugar.

Topping: mix these together in a bowl
1/2 c. sugar
the zest of one lemon
Muffins: mix these together in a different bowl, creaming together butter and sugar first and then mixing in the rest. Add the blueberries last, gently. Don't break them. Blueberries need TLC.
1 stick butter, room temp.
2 eggs
1 1/8 c. sugar
3 c. flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
a pinch of baking soda
1 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. blueberries (frozen and thawed are okay)

Line a muffin tin and fill each liner about 3/4 full with batter. Then sprinkle each on with lemon sugar. Don't skimp, it's the best part!

Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.

5 comments:

Davis's Magical Mystery Tour said...

Kelly, WOW! Can I be like you when I grow up?! This idea is so much fun and the photography is beautiful. We made the chocolate chip cookies for FHE. They are wonderful!
Can't wait to make the muffins!

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Kelly these muffins are amazing! Elisa and Mckenzie couldn't get enough of them and even Bethany ate a whole one. I won't tell you how many Dave and I ate. I love this blog and can't wait to try more of these recipes.

Natalie said...

Ok, my mouth waters every time I read this recipe. Can't wait to try it.

Jessica Brown said...

Thanks for this recipe Kel! It was fantastic. My only qualm is that I was expecting this luscious smell, and they didn't smell as good as I thought they would, but maybe thats the cooked blue berries?? They were so good none the less. Jaron almost inhaled like ten of them when he got home! Also little note I had to cook my for 25 minutes. I don't know if that is cause I live in a humid climate? Maybe. Thanks again!