Thursday, January 31, 2008

mango lassi

So...this recipe is for lassi's just like the ones you get at Bombay House (for all you Provo Indian food lovers). And SO easy. I hope you can find canned mango pulp. We can buy it at the local Indian market (there's one 1/2 mile from my home).

canned mango pulp
buttermilk, milk or plain yogurt*
sugar

In a blender combine 1 part mango pulp to 1 part dairy. Depending on how sweet you like it, add about 1 tablespoon sugar per cup of lassi. Add 1/2 cup ice per cup of lassi and blend until smooth. Mmmmm.....

*so far I've only made these with buttermilk, which I loved because it's rich and tangy. Let me know how you like if you try milk or plain yogurt.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Where's the Indian Market? I haven't checked that one out yet...

By the way--have you checked out Indian food here in CT? We went with Dan and Deb to a place in New Haven that was very good. I can't remember the name now but I'll ask if you want.

Brooke said...

Rich is going to be so excited when he sees this. Yum!