![[berry_tofu_smoothie.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgvU-Jf0FHv9kX-WmlsngUsNGfFwyzhcv2FL8GWd06eU4ghA9OSTZExVaSB0w3EeladnHPfqzX9JkZMXs0PW0txi-iZ_ygcijeqhVd9QHT7cEQJ_pkLfq5jbOe7kArNejqcVgGzBxqYBgzp/s1600/berry_tofu_smoothie.jpg)
I got this recipe from my sister in law who is super duper healthy! She posted it on our family blog and I thought it was worth posting it again on this blog. It is super delicious and is jam-packed with so many fruits. Side Note: this recipe calls for whey protein, which I do not use, because its too expensive, but I do use the flax-seed which is really high in anti-oxidants and omega 3 fatty acids. This is a great healthy breakfast treat! Enjoy
1/2 orange
2-3 strawberries (fresh are best)
1/4-1/2 cup blueberries (I use frozen as long as they have no sugar added)
1/2 ripe banana (green ones are yucky)
1/2 cup plain (unsweetened) fat free yogurt
3 Tbsp flaxseed
1-3 Tbsp whey protein (start with 1 to get used it)
1 Tbsp-ish honey
Water or milk if needed to help liquify
If you use all fresh fruit, add a few ice cubes if you'd like
2 comments:
Thank you so much! And I couldn't agree more that running is the best escape. I'm really eager to get back on my feet more, and on this laptop less. Ha Ha. And yes, I was very dissapointed to hear about Midnight Sun. I enjoy the series, and I hope the person who created the leak understands how he/she has affected a lot of readers and more importantly, the creator of the series. I noticed this recipe in your blog and it looks great. Do you mind if I try it?
Post a Comment