Friday, April 4, 2008

Honey Mustard Chicken

This is my number one requested recipe. We had it at another couple's house right after we first got married, and I got the recipe and have been making it ever since. It takes ingredients I almost always have on hand.

Honey Mustard Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup honey
2 Tablespoons mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt

Pre-heat oven to 350. Place chicken in shallow baking pan. (I tenderize the meat a bit; it helps to soak up the sauce.) In a small bowl, combine butter, honey, mustard and salt. Pour over chicken. Bake for one hour, basting every 15 minutes.

We serve this with garlic mashed potatoes, putting the sauce of the chicken over them as well. Yum!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I love this recipe, Brooke! Thanks for posting it. It's already a favorite at our house, and the kids love it too, which is always a good thing!

Kelly said...

p.s. I also make it using a teaspoon of curry powder...just to give it a little bit more punch.

About Me said...

Brooke, this looks so good! I am excited to try it.

Kim said...

We just had it for dinner tonight. Excellent! I appreciated the suggestion of garlic mashed potatoes. My husband is in food heaven; I rarely cook like this. Thanks for sharing.

Jamie said...

I made this for dinner last night (along with the garlic mashed potatoes) and it was a hit with the whole family! This is definitely a keeper. Thanks for the recipe!

Melanie said...

Yum, I made this last night and it was delicious. I hope you don't mind if I post it on my blog with a link to your site. We loved it!