This is SERIOUSLY the best thing I've tasted since my Momma's terriyaki salmon. But, how could it not be delicious when its cooked in cream and drowned in Parmesan cheese?

This little side dish doesn't have to be a side dish at all since its so rich. We had it with a chicken salad and homemade whole wheat bread. Mmmmm. . . I'm telling you de-li-CIOUS. I can't wait to make it again.
21/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
¾ cup heavy cream
3 sage leaves (I didn’t have leaves, just powder and I just used about 1/3 teaspoon)
2/3 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiono
Preheat Oven to 400°F with rack in middle. Toss squash with cream, sage, 1 tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper in a 2-quart shallow baking dish (I used a three-quart and it worked great). Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Stir in half of cheese and sprinkle remainder on top. Roast, uncovered, until squash is tender and beginning to brown, about 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving (cream will thicken).
1 comment:
Oh man, I shouldn't be looking at recipes at this time of night. Sooo good.
Post a Comment